• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PurpleSport

I've seen Kim mentioned here a few times by our Great White Northern brethren, so I figured I'd share a bit of industry insider news I just picked up:

Looks like he'll be the afternoon radio host on CILQ (Q107) in Toronto as of August 9th...looks like it's a permanent gig instead of a one-shot only thing.

Don't have any other info - just remembered there were fans here so I thought I'd pass it along for you guys so you can keep an ear out! :)

Jimi D

Well, I guess if Little Steven can do it, so can Kim... I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting a little tired of touring six months a year, and he's got to make a living some how, but it's kind of a pity that one of the best rock guitarists on the planet is working as a DJ to make a living (unless he's just doin' it for kicks, of course, which is another deal entirely - okay, what do I know)...
:D

tristan

again, a guitar player that we don't have the chance to hear in france...even TOTO did tour everywhere in europe this summer...exept here...

ok...just let me pack my gear and HERE I AM ;) :D

anybody could send me a link about kim?

thanks !

Jimi D

Tristan, try here for the man's website:

KimMitchell.ca

I love everything Max Webster did; of his solo stuff, Akimbo Alogo and I Am A Wild Party are my faves...

tristan

Jimi D said:
Tristan, try here for the man's website:

KimMitchell.ca

I love everything Max Webster did; of his solo stuff, Akimbo Alogo and I Am A Wild Party are my faves...

Thanks Jimi...

I'm listening "rock on roll duty"...GREAT !!!

is he an MM endorsee?

PurpleSport

Jimi D said:
Well, I guess if Little Steven can do it, so can Kim... I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting a little tired of touring six months a year, and he's got to make a living some how, but it's kind of a pity that one of the best rock guitarists on the planet is working as a DJ to make a living (unless he's just doin' it for kicks, of course, which is another deal entirely - okay, what do I know)...
:D

If he's making enough on royalies and record sales, it could be just for kicks. As with 99% of all musicians, in radio you don't get paid much unless you're a marquee talent and/or in a larger market, and you do it for the love of the job until you get tired of the biz - or fired one too many times and become so radioactive that nobody will hire you anymore (at which point you're simultaneously "radioinactive")! ;)

Unlike Little Steven, however, my impression is his show will be live and daily instead of pre-produced (haven't heard if it'll be syndicated).

He's not the only musician to go into radio fulltime, BTW. Anyone remember Greg Kihn? He's been on-air in the San Francisco area for several years now...

GWDavis28

Joe Walsh has been doing Radio in the LA area for a while I guess.

Glenn |B)

PurpleSport

jongitarz said:
Didn't Greg Kihn do "Our Loves in Jeopardy'?

Correct you are, sir! :)

His other big hit was "The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em Like That Anymore)" - so technically, he was twice as good as many one hit wunderkinds out there....

Oh, and something he's not as well known for is employing the early services of a young gentleman named Satriani...which is really funny, considering that Joe's probably sold more records by now. I just hit Greg's station's website, and sure enough, there's Satch in the first pic in the photos section!

Top Bottom