• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ernie1966

Bestill my heart!!!

Do you see how nice the quilt/flame maple-whatever top looks? I love those sharp edges on the tips of the horns.

EBMM, you've done it again!!

jeffrey

Milky Way, Earth, North America, that's as specifi
That looks really nice. Hopefully they'll offer this with some clear/translucent finishes instead of all painted. :)

Although I'm not big on the Baritones (is it a Baritone? I prefer 7 strings for that stuff honestly), it is an interesting instrument. :)

Last edited:

ernie1966

jongitarz said:
Has anyone noticed the binding?

Do you mean on the neck of the unfinished protos? Does the finished proto (last pic) have binding on it, anywhere?

Is this going to be a baritone, or a model that can just handle lower tunings more betterly? :)

jongitarz

ernie1966 said:
Do you mean on the neck of the unfinished protos? Does the finished proto (last pic) have binding on it, anywhere?

Bound neck, and headstock, and around the maple top..Remember, this is a proto, and things could change.....I've already said too much
:eek:

NorM

jongitarz said:
Has anyone noticed the binding?
Is that like the pin striping where the maple meets the mahogany. I understand that is a detail that can be difficult to perform. I also see it as a way to cover inconsistencies where two pieces of wood join together. Is the binding in this case an inlay type? Is it like a pinstripe tape?
Yes I did notice the binding. Currently the only binding on an EBMM ax (in stores today) that I can think of is the Axis. I know it was on the 20th anniv Sting Rays and will be on the y2d Morse. (I also hope that there will be binding on......Never mind I know your sick of me mentioning that one)

jon,
could you please talk more on this subject? Questions I have are:
What are the different types of binding that you know of?
What are the Functional vs. Ornate purposes of binding?
How is that process done?
What about it makes it difficult?

ernie1966

jongitarz said:
ernie1966 said:

Bound neck, and headstock, and around the maple top..Remember, this is a proto, and things could change.....I've already said too much
:eek:

Now I sees it. Wow, amazing, incredible, stooooo-pendous!!!! That's gonna be one classy axe.

JB1

'kin' 'eck!

Lovely.

Imagine being the lucky bugger that gets to try these out.

Does anyone get to keep 'em?

What if I change my surname to Ball? :D

blackspy

If I get Musicman tattooed on my head would you guys be interested an endorsment deal for me? -- I actually might do it if you say yes ;)

Top Bottom