• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Kennyhoe

Do any of you guys know whether or not the maple fretboards of a 2003 SR4 is lacquered? I went to my local guitar shop to get something to clean it with, and I found some lemon oil. However, on the back of the bottle, it said "not to be used w/ maple fretboards". I asked one of the employees, and he said that guitar polish should be fine for maple fretboards because they are lacquered. Can anybody tell me if this is true? Thx.

Disquieter

Kennyhoe said:
Do any of you guys know whether or not the maple fretboards of a 2003 SR4 is lacquered? I went to my local guitar shop to get something to clean it with, and I found some lemon oil. However, on the back of the bottle, it said "not to be used w/ maple fretboards". I asked one of the employees, and he said that guitar polish should be fine for maple fretboards because they are lacquered. Can anybody tell me if this is true? Thx.

as far as I know, he is wrong.

and I must say, i've used lemon oil on my 2003 sr4 since i bought it and it has had no adverse effects, other than causing gas at the music shop because of my cleanly neck.

joel D.

basspastor

Kennyhoe said:
Hamer guitar suggest using Dunlop Formula 65 guitar polish on the maple neck on my USA cruisebass

Kennyhoe

Yea,
Hamer guitar suggest using Dunlop Formula 65 guitar polish on the maple neck on my USA cruisebass

Yup, that's the stuff I have at the moment. How well does it work?

and I must say, i've used lemon oil on my 2003 sr4 since i bought it and it has had no adverse effects, other than causing gas at the music shop because of my cleanly neck.

Hmm, wanna trade necks? :D

Thanks again for the replies.

basspastor

Kennyhoe,
The Dunlop works real well, try this different idea on for size.
I was at my local shop Saturday and one of the guys was cleaning a guitar with "McGuires Quick Detailer Mist and Wipe,"
It is found in the automotive section of polishes etc.Walmart and other fine stores everywhere.
He told me they use it on all types of wood and finishes.
Yet to be tried!

Top Bottom