• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

zoso1234

i was wondering if there are different models of the jp for ernie ball. not like seven/six strings but like i just bought a jp with piezo. and the first fret doesnt' have that wierd fret mark. its just a little circle. is there anything different other than that

acwild

Piezo/non-piezo option. And then there's the custom fretboard markers. The new Pets are coming with a D-Sonic pickup. Another option is a matching headstock.

SteveB

Hmm..

I believe the normal options on the Petrucci are:

1) 6 string or 7 string

2) plain or matching headstock

3) dot or JP 'shield' fretboard inlays

4) piezo

5) certain finishes cost more (Pearl Redburst and Mystic Dream)

This is not considering any Limited Edition models that Music Man offers for a short period.

PeteDuBaldo

SteveB said:
Hmm..

I believe the normal options on the Petrucci are:

1) 6 string or 7 string

2) plain or matching headstock

3) dot or JP 'shield' fretboard inlays

4) piezo

5) certain finishes cost more (Pearl Redburst and Mystic Dream)

This is not considering any Limited Edition models that Music Man offers for a short period.

Those are all the options for the JP guitar.

Colin

PeteDuBaldo said:
Those are all the options for the JP guitar.
unless your initials are JP

Petrucci2020th20anniversary.jpg

Bungo

Alvesang said:
I don't think your average Joe Petersen can lay his hands on that baby right now. :p

...But we are hopeful that somewhere in EBMM towers, there is a to-do list on someone's desk which has on it:-

'Things to do tomorrow - Put the Sitrucci into production'. Eh? eh? eh?????:D

Alvesang

Bungo said:
...But we are hopeful that somewhere in EBMM towers, there is a to-do list on someone's desk which has on it:-

'Things to do tomorrow - Put the Sitrucci into production'. Eh? eh? eh?????:D
I think we all agree how amazing that would be... with the exception of my bank account. :rolleyes:

Bungo

acwild said:
What pickups are on the Sitrucci? How did it get it's name?

I believe the pickups are the same as the 20th anniversary Silo.

The name Sitrucci is the unofficial nickname for it around this forum, being a hybrid of a Silo and a Petrucci, hence - Sitrucci.:D

roburado

Bungo said:
I believe the pickups are the same as the 20th anniversary Silo.

The name Sitrucci is the unofficial nickname for it around this forum, being a hybrid of a Silo and a Petrucci, hence - Sitrucci.:D

Yeah. Unofficial. Forumer kneeoh came up with that when we were riding in his car somewhere. I was just the one who started using the name on here.

People have used "Sitrucci" and "Siltrucci." So, for those of you that hate the name, well...I doubt it will be called anything like that. I just don't know of a faster way to refer to the guitar that reflects its construction. One could say "Maple JP" or some such thing, but that doesn't really get at the hybridization with the Silo 20th Ann. guitar. It just sounds like it's made of maple or has a maple top, but that's really incomplete. "Maple JP" or something like that doesn't really say anything about the super secret tone block that EBMM put into the 20th. Ann. Silo. and this guitar.

Bungo

I'm going to have to pass on the JP Black/Gold LE in the hope that this one does make it into production soon!:D

CudBucket

I know we often say that if EBMM built a particular kind of guitar, we'd buy it ASAP. But if EBMM ever started offering premium flamed or quilted tops on the Petrucci, I really would buy one on the first day of it's offering. It's the only thing that can make that guitar any more beautiful.

Bungo

Colin said:
You do know that the LE stands for Limited Edition don't you? ;)

Oh yes, but I have convinced myself that the Sitrucci will come and I will need to have the wonga ready for that!

Although my wife is very understanding, two new ones in quick succession may be a bit of a strain!:D

Top Bottom