• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Raz

Ok I'm using Fast Fret for my strings and fretbaord, I mean as far as cleaning, but I find it really greesy, or waxy...it seems to break down easily...but maybe it's cause i sweat alot...plus I'm starting to get some friction on the back of the neck...any thoughts as to what I can use so as to maintain my shredder status (ha...)! :eek:

OrangeChannel

Wipe your axe down well. I don't like fast fret and generally don't recommend it's use. You can clean and conditon your finger board w/ lemon oil (a high quality kind like Weiman's). I'd really stress wiping the entire piece down after playing. Saves lives. And knowing is half the battle.

Raz

OrangeChannel said:
Wipe your axe down well. I don't like fast fret and generally don't recommend it's use. You can clean and conditon your finger board w/ lemon oil (a high quality kind like Weiman's). I'd really stress wiping the entire piece down after playing. Saves lives. And knowing is half the battle.

Wow that was fast bro..now do I apply the oil right over the strings? And can I use this oil on the back of the neck as well...

OrangeChannel

Over strings, sure.....just make sure you wipe it down after a few minutes to get the excess off. The back of the neck is painted? Shouldn't be an issue. Just wipe it right off....works pretty welll.

Raz

Thanks bro, you're a saint...I'va already tracked downa source for the stuff! They should rename that other stuff Crap Fret!

OrangeChannel

Actually Jon's on pont there, I usually treat it at the end of a string's lifecycle...which in reality should be like 2x a week but I've been wayyy to lazy.

OrangeChannel

Jon,

If I remember correclty, didn't fast fret have silicone in it?

Raz,
You want to avoid any silicone based substance on the fretboard or unfinished wood on the upperline EBMM necks.

Late!

Z

kbaim

Something I've just started doing is every month or two, just wiping down the individual frets. I don't know if it's oxidation or something else, but after doing it, the fretboard feels way better.

Finger ease spray is used by some players to lube the lady...I mean grease the fretboard.

kbaim

Been posting again for the past couple of weeks (or did you ljust like the comment?

Hey OC is 1 post away from the big grrrr.

Top Bottom