• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bassmonkeee

GWDavis28 said:
The dead horse is beat yet again!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sparkles are finished, get it. Do a search, that way BP doesn't have to repeat himself.

Later, Glenn |B)

captain_obvious_to_the_rescue.gif

Thanks for clearing that up, Glenn. :D

Beth

bovinehost said:
To hell with plain old sparkle - now I want FLAMES!

This place is getting very popular. How cool is that?

For those of you who lurk or just joined or can't follow the bouncing ball, the person known as "Big Poppa", the guy who just invited you to pick his brain?

That's Sterling Ball, so he might know the answers to all the interesting questions, such as "Why does my arm hurt when I do this?"

Okay, maybe not that one, but questions about EBMM basses, guitars, shirts and martinis?

He's pretty good on those subjects.

We also have other factory guys here to field the simple things and the even simpler things can sometimes be answered by the moderators.

Now get to typing, lads.

Jack

Hey Bovine,

Was that "why does my arm hurt when I do this?" a reference to a certain Three's Company episode??? Are you a fellow Three's Company lover?

-Beth

Beth

Mmkay, I think I remember hearing that we were going to do lefty Bongos... COMING SOON! Hold onto your BVDs fellas...they're coming right up!

maddog

Beth said:
Mmkay, I think I remember hearing that we were going to do lefty Bongos... COMING SOON! Hold onto your BVDs fellas...they're coming right up!

What if we wear FotL's or Hanes? Or in Psycho Ward's case, Victoria's Secret or Frederick's of Hollywood? :D

Beth

LOL! OK, let me rephrase.. ahem... Hold onto your undergarments if you're wearing any, fellas and gals! Coming right up! :D

mike not fat

Mobay45 said:
This is my first stop on all of the bass boards everyday and I spend the most time here because of the fantastic environment and great people here.

This is the only bass board I watch and post in : i don't ave much time to do that so i don't waste my time on other forums. Here most of the members are open minded and will respect your opinions even if they don't agree with.

MNF

roballanson

mike not fat said:
This is the only bass board I watch and post in : i don't ave much time to do that so i don't waste my time on other forums. Here most of the members are open minded and will respect your opinions even if they don't agree with.

MNF

I second that emulsion......... its a good place to get a good rounded view on life and bass playing....oh and the angst of lefty bongos.

bassmonkeee

mike not fat said:

MNF

I think you are incorrect, and an idiot for saying so. :D

Just kidding.

Not really.

Kidding.....

AnthonyD

MNF nailed it... And he did say MOST members are open minded and will respect your opinions... ;)

I too, only frequent this board - and truly squeeze it into an otherwise very bust life. Full-time job, wife & kids, home to care for, personal interests, and, oh yea, music - time only goes so far!

From what I've seen, my personal situation is more common than not among the regulars here. And beyond the EBMM love-fest that exists, there's good information to be shared re: all things a working bass-player needs to know.

And of course, let's not discount the entertainment value... ;)

Samingo

adelucia said:
MNF nailed it... And he did say MOST members are open minded and will respect your opinions... ;)

I too, only frequent this board - and truly squeeze it into an otherwise very bust life. Full-time job, wife & kids, home to care for, personal interests, and, oh yea, music - time only goes so far!

From what I've seen, my personal situation is more common than not among the regulars here. And beyond the EBMM love-fest that exists, there's good information to be shared re: all things a working bass-player needs to know.

And of course, let's not discount the entertainment value... ;)

+1

I've always found it remarkable how the fellas(and fillies) here have done their best to be open, honest, respectful and optimistic. Considering how many bad experiences I'm sure we've all had with the internet and bad attitudes, I find it extremely impressive. And hey, where else do you get to talk to the head honcho of your favourite bass company:D:D

tkarter

Good folks, good subjects, good times found at this locality.

How could anyone not enjoy it here?

Hey BP how'd you let the SR5 I got out of the factory? I figured anything that looked like that would go in your vault.

tk

bassic

hi man i want to join to musicman revolution in fact im waiting for my new stingray 5 strings i just wanna know more about the care of this basses do you know something mostly about the pick up and eq cleaning you may have a bongo but let me say this, the sound of the sr5 is completely diferent (i said different not better) buy one

bovinehost

Administrator
Oye, bienvenido al foro - y si, estoy de acuerdo, son distintos, el SR5 y el Bongo, por eso tengo ambos!

Jack

(quien vivio en suramerican por much tiempo)

Splanky

Hi All!

Wrote a long, nice post to introduce my self. That one disappeared :confused:

So a new shorter one!

Ok! Big poppa, i will obey!

Name: Henrik
Nick: Splanky (From my favourite Count Basie song)
Living in Gothenburg, Sweden, Europe
Profession: Engineer, Engine R&D Volvo Cars

Bass relate info:
Used to be a drummer but gave way to my secret passion for basses 12 years ago. A lousy player :rolleyes: but passionate about the instruments.
Current stable: 2 Fender FSR 70´s Jasses one CAR and one LPB

A regular at Talkbass and Fenderforum. Lurking here for 2-3 years and love it Shame on me not to register earlier. Also keeps a eye on The Dudepit

Connection to EB and MM?
Just emotional so far. Love the look, tone and "air" that surrounds these fine basses. And a qualitycontrol that seems to de only second to Toyota/Lexus.

Favorite recording featuring a MM bass:
Kevin Gilbert "The shaming of the true" (www.kevingilbert.com)
Best rock bass playing i´we ever heard. The tone from his Sunburst Stingray were second to none. And a very tasteful player. Sadly gone!

Bongo?
Used to laugh at them but like so many other it stuck in my throat.
Going to Phoenix AZ this september and CG at Metro center and The Bass palace is scheduled for. I will not leave without a Bongo in my possession.

That´s all for now! Glad to be aboard

Cheers!

Top Bottom