• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tvanveen

I've pretty much decided to get rid of my pretty AL, and get something a little plainer. It's just too fancy for me.

I knew the gig was up when I went to play live this weekend and grabbed the old black AL instead. I'm just not a flashy guy.

Anyway, you've seen the pictures. It's got a trem, white pearl PG, MM-90's and it's black cherry burst with matching headstock. I'm swapping the black covers and knobs back in. It's basically mint except that the trem corners have dented the finish a little bit. If the trem is set flush you can't see the dings.

I did snip the pickup leads, but everything is back to normal.

The fretboard has just the slightest amount of darkening from playing it.

I'm offering it here first, it'll probably go up on ebay tomorrow night.

Also for sale -

Tonebone Classic
H+K Replex
Zvex Lo Fi Loop Junky
Zvex Fuzz Factory (blue sparkle)
Boss CS-3 compressor

Make me an offer....

KungFu Grip

I can relate with you. My AL is Pearl Red with non-matching headstock and pearloid pickguard, and sometimes I wonder how a plain white pickguard would look on it.

Awfully nice peice. Somebody here should definately jump on it.

lock-ny

BTW TV I saw your other post and my asix SS has those little indentations on the corners as well, I think it is normal unless you have the trem really loose, for the record I loosened my trem springs after seeing the dents in the finish -

tvanveen

Yeah, when I bought it, I told myself not to cheap out, get all the options they have!

Turns out I just like something a little plainer.

Shnook

Too bad I've got my heart set on the Trans Orange or you'd have yourself a deal. That and the fact the I'm still waiting on my tax refund. :(

tvanveen

I thought about it for about 10 seconds (I like G&L), but I'm trying to cut down the inventory and I know what I want...

musikarero

I like G&L too but I like EB better. I have too much inventory as well and is the only reason I'd let both my G&L's go for a silo, axis ss and of course a AL. I'm in no hurry though. What do you have in mind to get now?

tvanveen

I'm shooting for $1100. I don't know if that's reasonable or not, but AL's don't come up for sale that often, when they do they're usually beat up, and this one has all the bells and whistles.

tvanveen

I hope not....I'm heading over to Chuck Levin's on Monday to order a new one.

lock-ny

thats an awesome lookng guitar, unless it played like hell which im sure it didnt im not sure why you woudldn't want the matching headstock or the guitar for that matter, nice color as well -

tvanveen

I'm just not into the looks...I ordered every option thinking I didn't want to "cheat" myself, but after living with it for a while I've decided I'm just not into fancy guitars.

I've never had a fancy guitar before, so how would I know?

art027

tv,
Did you decide yet which options you going to order? Is it going to be an Albert Lee?

good luck with your ebay auction,

Michell

bing4sons

TV,

That's an awesome looking AL. Is this the one you just got in November? I can't believe you're selling it already. Have you thought ths though? :confused: Don't jump, back away from the edge...

I'm not sure how much you paid for it, but it's kind of buying a new car, taking the drive out of the lot depreciation and then selling it.

OK, that's my sermon for today.

:)

Bing

tvanveen

Bing, I know exactly what you mean. It's totally retarded.

I'm not the sort of guy that buys a million guitars...I don't really collect. I have a few guitars, but it's sort of in pursuit of *my* guitar. The search for the holy grail and all that. This one is close, but not quite...I think the next one will be *it*, and I'll be done.

Maybe.

Art, yeah , the next one will be an AL. trem, mm-90s...probably plain old black, non-matching headstock.

I sent an email to EB asking if they have white P-90 covers. In one thread on this forum Derek says "yes", the picture on the color chart of the blue AL looks like the MM-90's have white covers, but last time I wrote to customer service they said no.

If I can only get black or cream, it'll be black. If I can get white covers, I might do a tobacco or vintage sunburst.

Top Bottom