• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Big Poppa

Kids
It is with sadness that I announce that the SUB is being discontinued. Several years ago when we introduced it we showed that it was possible to make a decent instrument at a reasonable price in the USA. It's just not possible anymore and I dont want to buy bodies from china and assemble them in the USA. Every component of SUB increased that we were losing money on each thath we sold.

We will honor all existing orders at a adjusted price(see your dealer if you have one on order) but effective today we will no longer accept new orders.

Last edited:

koogie2k

Sorry to hear that...but there is so many good things happening. Business is business and you know your better than any of us.......:cool:

hankSRay

Damn BP those SUBs were great while they lasted. I'm gonna have to score a passive one on eBay one of these days. At least you were able to prove that it is/was possible to make a professional level instrument under the $1000.00 mark. IMO the SUBs easily blew away anything in that price range.

maddog

Dang. :(

While I am very thrilled with my Bongoes, I am fortunate enough to afford one. The SUB was a great way to introduce the MM line up to those that couldn't. It was good while it lasted.

PeteDuBaldo

NorM said:
What's this about the Benji Bass I hear?

trainwreck2.jpg

PeteDuBaldo

In all seriousness, I think the SUB line of guitars and basses was wonderful. I sold a few here and there, but believe it or not people would pick one up at the store and then go right for the EBMM at twice the price.

I'm sad to see the SUB line end, but I think it's a good idea.

jchalas

Jean-Frédéric said:
i guess we have to run to a store just to have it in the collection before it sells for 4000 on ebay .... wouldn't that be called Irony tho ? a 4000$ sub ... sucks tho , I never played with them , but you know .. it was on the to do list , anything to not get a olp ...

That's awesome! Hat's off to everyone who contributed to help out. Glad you got it back too! Now... if only you could find out who the dirty-deed-doer is... !
Janice

bdgotoh

I'm glad you're keeping the company strong by making a tough decision like this.

You folks were totally successful in hitting your goal.

SteveB

I'm sorry to hear that the SUB line had to go for those reasons. However, if this means that more of the 'regular' lines can be produced, then I'm all for it!

Maybe the backlog will shrink just a little! Some forumites may faint!

Now all of Jack's stuff will ship in late January! :D

Now, the entire line of SUBs is going away, right? Guitars and basses? (There may well be a thread in the guitar forum, but I haven't gotten over there yet.)
Thos SUB1 guitars had great tone and feel, unsurpassed in their price point.

NoFrets80

holding on...

wow, i guess this means i really should hold onto the active SUB 4 and passive SUB 4 fretlesses i have, not that i have any need or desire to part with them. they have done wonders for my own playing, and are wonderful basses, bar-none in terms of quality. i hope to add a stingray to the arsenal someday!

Musicman Nut

Big Poppa said:
Kids
It is with sadness that I announce that the SUB is being discontinued. Several years ago when we introduced it we showed that it was possible to make a decent instrument at a reasonable price in the USA. It's just not possible anymore and I dont want to buy bodies from china and assemble them in the USA. Every component of SUB increased that we were losing money on each thath we sold.

We will honor all existing orders at a adjusted price(see your dealer if you have one on order) but effective today we will no longer accept new orders.

In All Honesty they we're great Basses for many folks, I know they bothered me a bit only because When i taught my Students when i was teaching they all went for them but really wanted a real Music man.

What ones bought them all own real Stingrays Now. At any rate lets just sell more the SLO Instruments and that'll make this world a Happier Place.

Top Bottom