• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Greg Jones

I heard a rumor that EB is raising prices 10% across the board starting 10/15/06.

Anyone know if this is true or not?

I was also informed that if one were to order a guitar/bass now, since it would ship after this date in October, that the price increase would be in effect.

Big Poppa

Its not a rumor. Some prices are up more than ten percent. Some of our raw materials have gone up in excess of 50%. I could rattle off the over 30% increases like labor, workmans comp, electricty, freight, etc etc. But I think that people need to understand that This is not gouging, its trying to keep up a little.

All of our materials advise people that prices are subject to change without notice. I have not raised prices in 7 years and believe me its tight and this increase isnt as big as it should be.

There is no good way to handle price adjustments when you are in a backordered situation. We did not raise the prices of the 2006LTD's, Dargie Delights, 20th Anniversary Silhouette, or 30th Anniversary Stingray. All other instruments shipped after Octoober 15 regardless when ordered will be sent at the adjusted prices.

Please contact your dealer for more information.

Greg Jones

Thanks for the very informative post BP!

I read your post about the S.U.B. line as well and I think this ties in with that.

Let me just say I did NOT in anyway think this amounted to price gouging. That thought NEVER entered my mind. EB MM's are one of the best values if not THE best value on the market and the company MUST survive.

Hats off to you and EB Big Poppa!

Good luck and keep makin' 'em like you do for many, many more years!!!

Greg Jones

roburado said:
That increase will in no way change my mind about any of my EBMM dreams/plans.

Nor mine.

In fact, if anything, it accelerated my original schedule!

:)

I couldn't be happier. It's a great bit of 'ammo' to say to the wife: "But honey, if I wait it's a 10% increase!" Let's just say I used this to my advantage and will soon be enjoying a brand new EBMM guitar!!!

:D

roburado

Greg Jones said:
Nor mine.

In fact, if anything, it accelerated my original schedule!

I couldn't be happier. It's a great bit of 'ammo' to say to the wife: "But honey, if I wait it's a 10% increase!" Let's just say I used this to my advantage and will soon be enjoying a brand new EBMM guitar!!!

:D

That's funny! :D

SteveB

I hear you, BP. We got slammed with healthcare fee increases this year (38% increase), to the point where we nearly had to make our employees kick in (they pay nothing uless they need coverage for other people as well). I don't know what will happen next year...

Greg Jones

SteveB said:
I hear you, BP. We got slammed with healthcare fee increases this year (38% increase), to the point where we nearly had to make our employees kick in (they pay nothing uless they need coverage for other people as well). I don't know what will happen next year...

38%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT'S gouging!!! JHC!!! Healthcare in this country is getting outa hand. That's highway robbery!!!

:mad:

Greg Jones

Big Poppa said:
38% is lite and we pay for the employee and dependant and ask for a small fee for families. Our policy is really strong too....

He said it was a 38% increase. I assumed he meant over the prior year.

That seems like an 'aggressive' jump.

38% a year in three years and you've more than doubled the cost. I'm certainly no expert but when the cost of anything escalates at a rate like this I gotta believe something is amiss. <shrug>

I pay $230 a month for myself, my wife and my daughter. My employer pays whatever the balance is. My last job I paid about $100 more per month. I've never worked a job where the employer paid the entire bill. Even when I was single.

Steve Dude Barr

We did not raise the prices of the 2006LTD's, Dargie Delights, 20th Anniversary Silhouette, or 30th Anniversary Stingray.

That portion bears repeating!! Thanks for holding those prices BP!!!

Greg Jones

Big Poppa said:
38% is what it is and doesnt even come close to workers comp

I believe YOU BP. When I said I thought something was amiss I meant it in the sense that companies such as EB are getting bent over and....well uhm...you know.

....and you said 38% was lite!!! :eek:

Don't know how businesses stay in business with out of control costs such as these.

Ima call my dealer tomorrow and order a Luke!

(Don't laugh! I just may!)

Top Bottom