• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edensdad

Did MusicMan ever make a production Doubleneck or 12 String? Or does anyone know if there's any in the works? I'm very happy with my JP6, but I also like to play 12 String. I had some trouble with my last 12 String, the neck couldn't handle the tension, so I've been thinking about getting a new 12-string or a 6/12 doubleneck. I know John Petrucci has a blue doubleneck version of his EBMM signature guitar, which I figure is a custom job. I also noticed an OLP Axis-style doubleneck too, but I don't want to buy an offshore guitar.

I guess I could always get the Gibson 1275 Jimmy Page doubleneck :rolleyes:

Or maybe I can glue a JP to a Rick 12-string :D

Any recommendations?

>^..^<

jongitarz

We don't make double necks. I really doubt that we ever will. I know of 2 that have been made, one is JP's the other was for EVH.

Ali

So a sextuple neck, featuring one each from the Luke, Axis, Morse, JP, AL and Silo is out of the question then?

edensdad

Too Bad :( You can blame guy for hoping (or suggesting.)

Kinda like that thing the guy from Cheap Trick had. :D With the sextupletneck guitar way you could have a variety of neck radii, too. The 10" axis, the 12" luke and the 15" JP And you could put a piezo on every other one.

GWDavis28

5Stringer said:
Actually, we recently built a white doubleneck Silhouette for the Eagles as well. It had 6- and 12-string necks.

Pictures??

Glenn |B)

jongitarz

5Stringer said:
Actually, we recently built a white doubleneck Silhouette for the Eagles as well. It had 6- and 12-string necks.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that one....Thanks Dan! ( I am old and forgetful :( )

slukather

edensdad said:
Did MusicMan ever make a production Doubleneck or 12 String? Or does anyone know if there's any in the works? I'm very happy with my JP6, but I also like to play 12 String. I had some trouble with my last 12 String, the neck couldn't handle the tension, so I've been thinking about getting a new 12-string or a 6/12 doubleneck. I know John Petrucci has a blue doubleneck version of his EBMM signature guitar, which I figure is a custom job. I also noticed an OLP Axis-style doubleneck too, but I don't want to buy an offshore guitar.

I guess I could always get the Gibson 1275 Jimmy Page doubleneck :rolleyes:

Or maybe I can glue a JP to a Rick 12-string :D

Any recommendations?

>^..^<

I agree, a 6/12 string petrucci would be nice, like the one from the Live at Budokan Dvd.

Scott.

edensdad

mm6_image5.jpg

Hint Hint

;)

Top Bottom