• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tristan

take a look...!

16643.jpg

16640.jpg

Banger

Now that's a cutie! Though I don't like a FR...
No comparison to the fake Lukather signature robot by VA/Samick... man, where do I get that paintjob? I just got an idea how to get my 'luke blue' Luke resprayed :D

brentrocks

Banger said:
Now that's a cutie! Though I don't like a FR...
No comparison to the fake Lukather signature robot by VA/Samick... man, where do I get that paintjob? I just got an idea how to get my 'luke blue' Luke resprayed :D

i don't like the floaters either, but it is an interesting paint job

Jimi D

That's cool... reminiscent of the old Valley Arts Robot guitar he auctioned off a while back on Ebay...

scottie

I know we're supposed to be look at the robot, but did anybody else notice the non standard neck pickup in the Black Sparkle?

--scottie

lukeman

Lukather pretty much always plays his Lukes with a Fernandes sustainer in the neck position, that would be the pickup!

SteveB

I thought the Fernandes sustainer had a rail as opposed to pole pieces? I could very easily be wrong, though. :confused:

lukeman

Oh well, i thought i might have known something about something there for a second. Luke rules anyway!!!!!!!

slukather

Jimi D said:
That's cool... reminiscent of the old Valley Arts Robot guitar he auctioned off a while back on Ebay...

I was gonna buy that guitar, well l would of loved to get my hands on it. There are some cheap Korean knock offs, but not worth buying.

But l was gonna paint my Original Luke like the Valley Arts Robot guitar, l think the Luke look sh!t hot with that paint job. I might still do it.

Scott.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
OrangeChannel said:
That's an EMG....if you read the logo, it's of the SV singles

In that particular photograph, yes it is, but not in Luke's axes. For the current 'Falling in Between' tour he has the Black Sparkle (w/matching head) and Radiance Red in standard tuning with Fernandes sustainers. In drop D tuning with the stock EMG set he has a Blue Pearl (w/matching head) and what looks like an Envy Green with black headstock and gold hardware.

BTW, there is a new link to Luke's current equipment over on toto99.com. Look for the Tour Production link in the Features section. There is a video of bob Bradshaw showing off Luke's guitars on the Toto network.

Also just posted is a feature on the MM Luke Robot guitar on stevelukather.net.

Last edited:
Top Bottom