• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

WillPlay4Food

I was looking through the paint options and noticed there is natural ($150) and premium natural ($400). Could someone please explain the difference? The dealer I spoke with believed the premium natural is more expensive due to more showy body wood (hand selected). Is this true? Does anyone have pics comparing natural to premium natural?

PeteDuBaldo

The new catalogs I received at the end of July show the "premium natural" finish option, while the older catalogs I have do not. I dont know if they have made any premium naturals yet, but would have to say that my thoughts on the subject are the same as the dealer you spoke with - unless that was me you are talking about - I was asked that question a week or so ago :)

WillPlay4Food

PeteDuBaldo said:
The new catalogs I received at the end of July show the "premium natural" finish option, while the older catalogs I have do not. I dont know if they have made any premium naturals yet, but would have to say that my thoughts on the subject are the same as the dealer you spoke with - unless that was me you are talking about - I was asked that question a week or so ago :)

Yea, that was me bugging you to play your SR4, SR5 and Sterling, chasing you from one store to the other. :)

Derek

Its getting harder and harder to get suitable wood blanks and with our standards the $150 up-charge is necessary to insure a nice looking grain to create the natural finish.

The $400 upcharge is a guarantee to the best quality(cream of the crop) natural grain we can get our hands on.(We may not have made one in production yet)

10 years ago it was much easier to obtain, and we even offered a $100 discount on our Natural Velvet finish. Natural was priced the same along with black or white.

In 1997 we issued a bulletin to our dealers announcing the upcharge on Natural and Natural Velvet.

05/15/97
"Top Quality ash is becoming very difficult to find. Because of our high quality standards, 3 natural bodies are rejected for every one completed. In order to continue
delivering high quality natural instruments, retail prices must reflect part of this additional cost."

Derek

Yes sir! you are dead on. Now we just need someone to order one so we can see this beauty. "Hint" "Hint" :)

Top Bottom