• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

shreder75

these days....I've broken a personal best....I've broken THREE strings on two guitars in less than a week and a half...before that I hadn't broken a string in YEARS!!

anyway, I strung up my axis before my lynch cause I didn't have the energy to mess with a truly floating trem..lol..

anywho, I'm really getting into the axis...I do still think I need to have it professionally set up....the action on the uppert frets is still a little too high for me...I can't rip on it like I can on my lynch....but I'm definetly diggin' it...

blackspy

Yeah, that's mine ... it looks darker there than it is really. It's trans-gold.

tommyindelaware

shreder75 said:
these days....I've broken a personal best....I've broken THREE strings on two guitars in less than a week and a half...before that I hadn't broken a string in YEARS!!

anyway, I strung up my axis before my lynch cause I didn't have the energy to mess with a truly floating trem..lol..

anywho, I'm really getting into the axis...I do still think I need to have it professionally set up....the action on the uppert frets is still a little too high for me...I can't rip on it like I can on my lynch....but I'm definetly diggin' it...

i forget if i asked this before....but where are you in jersey ??? i'm in north delaware just off 95....& i can set it up for ya.....

shreder75

tommyindelaware said:
i forget if i asked this before....but where are you in jersey ??? i'm in north delaware just off 95....& i can set it up for ya.....

good memory =) yeah, you did...I'm in burlington county....

that would kinda be a haul though, don't ya think?

blackspy

Definitely the finest guitar I've owned to date.

To think, a few months ago I was in a "need something new" phase, and actually was all set to part with it. I wanted to own a Petrucci model at that point. Then later I almost sold it for a ...(wait for it) Ibanez Jem (/wait for it). I know I'd be posting in the regrets thread now. Fortunately, fate got in the way and wrecked all the things I'd considered leaving me with only what I wanted all along.

shreder75

blackspy said:

To think, a few months ago I was in a "need something new" phase, and actually was all set to part with it. I wanted to own a Petrucci model at that point. Then later I almost sold it for a ...(wait for it) Ibanez Jem (/wait for it). I know I'd be posting in the regrets thread now. Fortunately, fate got in the way and wrecked all the things I'd considered leaving me with only what I wanted all along.

an Ibeenhad??? blasphemy!! hahaha..just kidding..they make some decent, affordable stuff..sometimes I regret getting rid of my voyager..it was an Ibanez that almost wasn't an ibanez..cool neck (non wizard) coil tapping for the humbucker...didn' teven look like your typical ibanez, with the exception of a head stock..

I could never own a jem..or a gilbert or an S or anything with a wizard neck...

NorM

I play Silos all the time but when ever I bust out the Axis I am always impressed with how amazing it sounds. I'm scared that if I play it for others they will tell me the same thing too. Maybe I'll try that tonight.

shreder75

NorM said:
I play Silos all the time but when ever I bust out the Axis I am always impressed with how amazing it sounds. I'm scared that if I play it for others they will tell me the same thing too. Maybe I'll try that tonight.

I definetly dig the sound of the basswood...nice and chunky...works well with the duncan JB I put in there

shreder75

bearkat16 said:
Yep! Here's a link to some more pics. Just got her in July. :)
http://photobucket.com/albums/b140/bearkat16/

yep, spittin' image of mine..except for the d tuna and the dimarzios...I have duncans in mine...

love the natural..not many people have that one, at least not that I've seen..I do dig the red and purple ones though =)

anyway, nice axe!!! I've had mine for about 18 months now...got it on 12 month financing from guitar center..paid it off a few months back..then I got an amp...same deal..LOL..march seems to be the month for me =D except for this summer..might be gettin' a splawn quick rod if it goes through my torturous tone test (say that three times fast)...could be x-mas in september ;)

glockaxis

blackspy said:

sounds like what I was doing last October:

Had owned my Axis since 1996 and last Oct. I had the "need something new" phase. I was going to give up my Axis for a Jackson Soloist but couldn't after all those years. Needless to say, the Jackson is off my list and the Luke is on top (won't be trading/selling any guitars to get it either). I love my Axis. I guess it's human nature to take things for granted the more they are around.

shreder75

glockaxis said:
sounds like what I was doing last October:

Had owned my Axis since 1996 and last Oct. I had the "need something new" phase. I was going to give up my Axis for a Jackson Soloist but couldn't after all those years. Needless to say, the Jackson is off my list and the Luke is on top (won't be trading/selling any guitars to get it either). I love my Axis. I guess it's human nature to take things for granted the more they are around.

ya know, it's funny..there was this big thread on the seymour duncan boards a while back..'ESP vs. Jackson'....Jackson won by a land slide...

frankly, I've never EVER played on a Jackson that felt good to me...they always seemed very hard to play, never sounded good and always felt cheap, no matter how much they cost..I'd take my Lynch over a jackson any day of the week..that's just me =)

NorM

So I busted out the Axis out of the closet last night. When I strummed the strings I was surprised at how much the neck relief tightened on its' own. 2 turns with my trusty 3mm allen wrench and the guitar just needed to be tuned to pitch. The same 3mm allen wrench loosened the lock nut and she tuned right up.

Loaded up the amp and guitar and off I went to the local Monday night bar jam. Since I lack the social skills to be in a band I just do the stuff I recorded with the CD backing tracks I have. I like the people there and I think they like me and the crap I do on guitar too.

I forgot to put the EVH strap back in the case for some reason so a neighbor loaned me one. 30 seconds before I started I remembered that I keep the Axis tuned down a half step so I can jam with Ed when ever the mood strikes. Then I remembered that i had just tuned it to standard. So I excepted that I was an idiot for worrying about anything. It's all good.

When I play at this place I get set up and start so fast that if you aren't sober and expecting it you will miss it. 2 songs, 6 minuets 47 seconds, and about 2276 notes (I am not ashamed to say that number is pretty close) I was done.

De-aM-N' the AxiS RocKs It still only has 22 frets

Top Bottom