Look for Ernie Ball strings with the Hetfield + Hammett Experience sticker available at Guitar Center and Musician's Friend
Open packs to find unique Guitar Center Codes printed on the inside front of the foil wrapping. More codes entered means higher chance of winning!
Congratulations, you've successfully entered the Hetfield + Hammett Experience contest. Your Guitar Center Code has been registered to your email address: [email protected]
If you are selected as a Grand Prize winner, we will contact you via this address. You can also enter more codes to increase your chances of winning. Since you've already confirmed your email address, you won't need to enter your info again; any new codes will be associated with your email address. Click the button below to add another code.
Congratulations, you've successfully added another entry code and increased your chances of winning. This additional Guitar Center Code has been registered to your email address: [email protected]
Remember, if you are selected as a Grand Prize winner, we will contact you via this address. Have more codes to enter? Click the button below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Hetfield + Hammett Experience (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence (eighteen (18) in most states; nineteen (19) in Nebraska and Arkansas and twentyone (21) in Mississippi) at the time of entry. Employees of Ernie Ball, Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as their family and household members are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") and an instant win game (the "Instant Win Game").
2. Sponsor: Ernie Ball, Inc., 53973 Polk Avenue, Coachella, CA 92236.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on September 7, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on October 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter.
a. Make a Qualifying Purchase: During the Promotion Period, purchase one of the following types of Ernie Ball guitar strings from Guitar Center or Musician's Friend (each a "Qualifying Product"):
|P02215||2215 Nickel Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02225||2225 Nickel Extra Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02223||2223 Nickel Super Slinky Custom Gauge Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02221||2221 Nickel Regular Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02222||2222 Nickel Hybrid Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02220||2220 Power Slinky Nickel Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02251||2251 Pure Nickel Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02620||2620 Nickel 7String Power Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02621||2621 Nickel 7String Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02003||2003 Earthwood 80/20 Bronze Medium Light Acoustic Strings|
|P02004||2004 Earthwood 80/20 Bronze Light Acoustic Guitar Strings|
|P02006||2006 Earthwood 80/20 Bronze Extra Light Acoustic Guitar Strings|
|P02069||2069 Earthwood 80/20 Bronze Folk Nylon Ball End Acoustic Guitar Strings|
|P02831||2831 Slinky Round Wound Power Bass Strings|
|P02832||2832 Regular Slinky Round Wound Bass Strings|
|P02833||2833 Hybrid Slinky Round Wound Bass Guitar Strings|
|P02834||2834 Super Slinky Roundwound Bass Strings|
|P02836||2836 Slinky 5String Bass Strings|
|P02626||2626 Nickel Not Even Slinky Drop Tuning Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02627||2627 Nickel Beefy Slinky Drop Tuning Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02734||2734 Cobalt Super Slinky Electric Bass Strings|
|P02732||2732 Cobalt Regular Slinky Electric Bass Strings|
|P02722||2722 Cobalt Hybrid Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02715||2715 Cobalt Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02720||2720 Cobalt Power Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02723||2723 Cobalt Super Slinky Elecric Guitar Strings|
|P02721||2721 Cobalt Regular Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02728||2728 Cobalt 7String Regular Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02915||2915 MSteel Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02923||2923 MSteel Super Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02922||2922 MSteel Hybrid Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02920||2920 MSteel Power Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02921||2921 MSteel Regular Slinky Electric Guitar Strings|
|P02566||Aluminum Bronze Medium Light Acoustic Guitar Strings|
|P02568||Aluminum Bronze Light Acoustic Guitar Strings|
|3321||2221 Nickel Slinky Lime Guitar Strings Buy 10, Get 2 Free Regular (Musician's Friend only)|
|3320||2220 Power Slinky Electric Guitar Strings Buy 10, Get 2 Free Regular (Musician's Friend only)|
|3323||2223 Super Slinky Electric Guitar Strings Buy 10, Get 2 Free Regular (Musician's Friend only)|
Included in each Qualifying Product is a unique code printed on the packaging. Visit ernieball.com/metallica and follow the onscreen prompts to enter your code for a chance to win a prize.
b. Free Mail-in Alternate Method: To enter the Sweepstakes and receive a unique code so that you may play the game without making a purchase, hand print your name, valid email address and valid mailing address, day and evening phone numbers, and birth date on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it with proper postage to "The Hetfield + Hammett Experience", c/o Ernie Ball Inc., P.O. Box 4117, San Luis Obispo, CA 93403. All envelopes must be postmarked by October 31, 2017 and received by November 7, 2017. You may only make one (1) request per envelope. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postagedue entries, which will be disqualified.
By mailing in your request, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will email you one (1) unique code for each eligible request that is timely received. Visit the promotional website and follow instructions above in Section (a) to enter the unique code..
Limit: Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes twenty (20) time during the Promotion Period by any combination of entry methods. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's plays and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawing and Instant Win Functionality:
Sweepstakes: Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion, will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received on or around November 15, 2017. Alternate potential winners will be selected at random at the same time as the potential winners and may be contacted (in order of selection) if the potential winner fails to comply with any of the requirements set forth herein in a timely manner or if a potential winner cannot be contacted.
6. Winner Requirements: Receiving a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by email or telephone on or after November 15, 2017. The potential Sweepstakes winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited), which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential Sweepstakes winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. In the event that such potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) attempts to award the applicable prize to an alternate winner after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded.
a. Sweepstakes prize:
THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES: Trip for winner only to California to meet James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett of Metallica (the Band) (ARV: $1,000) a choice of one (1) of the ESP guitars outlined below (the Guitars) (ARV: $1,099), and an Ernie Ball Prize Pack consisting of: one (1) MVP Volume Pedal (ARV:$154.99), a box of Paradigm strings (12 sets) (ARV: $179.99), a Polylock strap (ARV: $24.99), 100 Hetfield + Hammett Experience picks (ARV: $49.99), an Ernie Ball Hat (ARV: $19.99), a set of Ernie Ball Slinky Coasters (ARV: $12.99), a set of Ernie Ball Pint Glasses (Set of 4) (ARV: $24.99). Trip package includes roundtrip, coachclass air transportation for the winner from a major airport near winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to San Francisco, CA; two (2) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, single occupancy); and a meet and greet with the Band. The trip is tentatively scheduled for February 2018. Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible if meeting with the Band is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor's sole discretion. Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize: $2,566.93. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Any difference in ARV and actual value will not be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) if applicable and at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Grand Prize cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Grand Prize in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Grand Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on the Grand Prize are the Grand Prize Winner's responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize.
Each of the three (3) grand prize winners will be able to choose one (1) of the below guitars as a portion of their prize:
JAMES HETFIELD SIGNATURE SERIES
- LTD Snakebyte
- LTD Vulture
- LTD Iron Cross
KIRK HAMMETT SIGNATURE SERIES
- LTD KH602
- LTD KH Demonology
- LTD KHWZ
TWENTY (20) FIRST PRIZES: An Ernie Ball Prize Pack consisting of: one (1) MVP Volume Pedal (ARV:$154.99), a Years Supply of Paradigm strings (12 sets) (ARV: $179.99), a Polylock strap (ARV: $24.99), 100 Hetfield + Hammett Experience picks (ARV: $49.99), an Ernie Ball Hat (ARV: $19.99), a set of Ernie Ball Slinky Coasters (ARV: $12.99), a set of Ernie Ball Pint Glasses (Set of 4) (ARV: $24.99). Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of First Prize: $467.93
Odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
For All Prizes: No cash equivalent and all prizes are nontransferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value (subject to applicable legal or regulatory limitations) if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $17,059.39.
9. Release: By participating, all entrant(s) agree, and by acceptance of or receipt of any prize winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Guitar Center, Inc., Administrator together with each of their parent companies, and each such owners, directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, or administration of the Promotion, (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and damage to property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize in the Promotion, or their participation in the Promotion, or their participation in any Promotion or prize related activity, except where prohibited by law. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. Each potential winner acknowledges that Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or the Promotion. Apart from manufacturer warranties (which may not be available in all geographies), all warranties are hereby disclaimed, and each potential winner will accept any prize "AS IS." No support services are provided with any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winners consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name and country of residence for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. This Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to applicable federal, state, local, and national laws. This Promotion is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: In addition to and cumulative of the matters released in Section 9 hereinabove, the Sponsor and Administrator and Released parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (other than as a direct result of the Sponsor's negligence). If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game play, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual outofpocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual outofpocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Promotion Results: For a winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "The Hetfield + Hammett Experience", Winner's List, c/o Ernie Ball, Inc., 4117 Earthwood Lane, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, to be received no later than March 31, 2018.
© 2017 Ernie Ball, Inc. All Rights Reserved.